Hands-On Volunteering (currently on hold until January 2021)
Please sign up using this form to register your interest as a volunteer.
Volunteers are encouraged to choose a location close to where they live or work. We request a commitment of at least 2 hours a week, to create definite impact for the children.
Volunteering location: Kapur Ward at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Dairy Circle, Hosur Road, Bengaluru.
Volunteer times: Four days a week – Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday – from 10.30 am to 4.00 pm. Teachers and storytellers are requested to come in at least once a week, for two to three hours at a time.
Volunteering location: Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Centre, Narayana Health City, Bommasandra, Bengaluru.
Volunteer times: Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday
Upcoming Centre: SFLC@SSCHRC
Volunteering location: Sri Shankara Hospital, Chamarajpet, Bengaluru
Volunteer times: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Volunteers who can speak Kannada (not mandatory, but useful), can teach Maths, Science and Social Studies in Kannada and English. Tutors for one-on-one lessons to students from classes 6 – 10 in these subjects (English or Kannada medium. Passion for teaching using creative methods and patience is required.
Vernacular Language Storytellers and English language teachers are also needed, to develop reading habits and writing skills in the children in Kannada English and Hindi.
Qualified Art Teacher and curator required on the roles.
Yoga Program trainees required to be trained to conduct Yoga and CV classes at all centers
Music lovers (singing) are welcome to come in to teach the children songs in various languages.
Other Volunteer Duties
In addition to hands-on work, volunteers will be required to:
- Back-end office work and documentation and IT/website work
- Help with Mapping of Beneficiaries for the Samiksha Scholarships Program (SSP)
- Help recording testimonials in various languages ( audio video and scripted)
- Help us raise funds for our mission
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
- Public Relations Officer (part time) - manage social media including FB and Twitter, write project proposals
- Teacher and center coordinator (full time) - Chamarajpet area
- Art teacher and coordinator (full time) - all centers
- IT Systems Engineer (part-time) - at office
For details, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org