Read below for a summary of our impact in 2020-21. For more information about our ongoing education program, read the March 2021 newsletter.
- We reached 1568 children from June 2019 to March 2020 at the Samiksha Foundation Learning Centres.
- At Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology (KMIO), Bangalore: 971 children, of which 540 were in grades 1 to 10, and 2 were in high school.
- At Mazumdar Shaw Cancer Centre (MSCC), Narayana Health City, Bangalore: 534 children, of which 289 were in grades 1 to 10, and 9 were in high school.
- Over 7500 children reached in total by March 2020.
- Samiksha Scholarships Program 4: 63 scholarships of Rs. 10,000 each, awarded in January 2020.
- The team: 287 total volunteers, 3 full-time teachers, and 8 Samiksha team members working across 2 learning centres.
March 2020 to present
- We reached 384 children in total from March 2020 onward.
- The team: 16 active volunteers, 3 full-time teachers, 9 Samiksha team members working on the Samiksha 2.0 program.
- Samiksha teachers and volunteers provided tailored educational support to 9 SSLC students from Kannada, English, and Urdu medium as they prepared for their 10th standard board exams held in June 2020. All students came out with flying colours, with percentages ranging from 53% to 87%!
- Samiksha volunteers mentor 7 1st PUC students remotely in Maths, Accounts, Physics, Business Studies, and English.
- Samiksha Scholarships Program 5: 67 scholarships of Rs. 10,000 each, awarded in 2021.
- Samiksha 2.0 Tech to Teach program
- 23 Samiksha alumni in classes 8 to 11 received tablets in early 2021, enabling them to access online education.
- 22 more tablets procured to deliver Samiksha’s Integrated Learning Program at the Learning Centre at MSCC-NH from March 2021.
- This program is expected to reach 62 students every quarter.